Circles Level 1 – NEW EDITION
Circles Intimacy & Relationships: Level 1, has been completely remade and includes many additions to further emphasize the guidelines of social boundaries as well as to apply the Circles Paradigm to current cultural and technological trends.
What makes this edition of Circles better than ever?
- Recently revised, updated and filmed, this new edition of Circles reflects current cultural trends and includes a more diverse cast of characters.
- This edition of Circles presents a more in-depth description of the types of social interaction appropriate in each circle to promote safe touch.
- This edition of Circles features an emphasis on consensus, and the right to refuse touch (even from people close to you) is stressed throughout the program.
- The Red Stranger Circle and the Red Stranger Space are introduced as two distinct circles to highlight the difference between total strangers, who always stay far away, and those strangers who actually might become part of a person’s social network, even if briefly. The giant Circles wall graph has been similarly updated to reflect this improvement.
- This edition of Circles includes a segment on social media and cyber safety.
- The updated Teacher’s Guide enhances the curriculum with step-wise instructions for implementing the lessons contained in the Circles Curriculum and provides ideas for reinforcing the concepts presented.
- The updated Teacher’s Guide now includes Discussion questions to survey strengths and weaknesses in the area of social-developmental education. These questions can be used as student pre- and post-tests.
- This new edition of Circles includes two new segments that focus on students of similar age to the main character: classmates and unknown students at the same school. These segments emphasize that other people of the same age who seem familiar, are not necessarily known to the student.
- This new edition of Circles aligns PERFECTLY with the Circles Social Skills app for iOS and Chromebook!
Circles Level 2
Many teachers currently using Circles Intimacy & Relationships: Level 1 have requested a second step follow-up program that illustrates the application of the Circles® rules of social intimacy in more complex social settings. This is it.
Versatile Reality-Based Format Appeals to a Broader Audience
Because it uses a reality-show format, Circles Intimacy & Relationships: Level 2 is ideal for illustrating more subtle applications of the Circles rules of Social Distance. Level 2 is an ideal second-step program for students with moderate-to-mild intellectual disabilities and can be used as a stand-alone introduction to the paradigm for higher-functioning students.
Level 2 Second-Step Content includes:
- Alternative Intimacy Level Signs
- Circle Jumping: when it’s OK and when it’s not
- Reversal of Intimacy Level
- Rejecting Intimacy and Having Intimacy Rejected
- Relationship Dissolution, and more!