Your Transitions Curriculum provides our special needs students of all levels with ‘real life’ school-to-work information. We refer to your program as ‘Life 101’!
In this unit, students will learn and apply methods of effective communication and steps to take to enter the career they have chosen. In addition, students will learn the necessary actions to take to become valued and successful employees and ways to become responsible members of their community.
Career Management content includes:
• Effective Communication Skills
• How to conduct a job search
• How to write a resume
• How to complete applications
• How to interview for a job
• How to meet job expectations
• How to get along with others on the job
• How to avoid common job mistakes
• Employee rights and responsibilities
• How to handle rejection
• AND MORE!
The child who is ‘left behind’ most is the one who leaves school without transition readiness.
Dr. James Stanfield, Ed.D.