JAMES STANFIED & CO, INC
TERMS OF SERVICE
Last Updated: July 1st, 2023
Welcome to James Stanfield Company!
The Platform enables you to provide social skills training and related content to students (“Students”) by providing such Students with access to the content available through your use of the Platform.
You represent, warrant and covenant that, prior to displaying content from the Platform to any individual, you will obtain the agreement of such individuals, or their parent or legal guardian where applicable, under applicable law and regulation, permitting such individuals, or the Students they represent, to access and use content available through your use of the App or Platform under terms and conditions consistent with these Terms.
BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE “I ACCEPT” BUTTON OR OTHERWISE ACCESS THE PLATFORM OR APP OR USE ANY OF THE SERVICES, CAREFULLY READ THESE TERMS. BY CLICKING ON THE “I ACCEPT” BUTTON OR ACCESSING THE PLATFORM, WEBSITE OR APPS OR USING THE SERVICES, YOU AND THE BUSINESS ENTITY THAT YOU REPRESENT ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THESE TERMS. YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO ENTER INTO THESE TERMS ON BEHALF OF THE BUSINESS ENTITY YOU REPRESENT. YOU HEREBY COVENANT TO ENSURE THAT ALL USERS THAT GAIN ACCESS TO THE PLATFORM AND/OR THE SERVICES FROM YOU ARE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS, THEN DO NOT CLICK “I ACCEPT” AND YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO ACCESS AND/OR USE THE SERVICES.
Some portions of our Services may be available to users without registering, other features will only be available to those users who register with us, while still other features will only be available to users based on the features included in their tier of subscription/purchase plan or trial of our Services. In consideration of your use of the Service, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about you as may be prompted by any registration forms on the Service (“Registration Data”); (b) maintain the security of your password and identification; (c) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you provide to us, to keep it accurate, current and complete; and (d) be fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account.
- Restricted License
On the condition that you comply with all your obligations under these Terms, James Stanfield Company hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, restricted license (without the right to sublicense) to access the Platform and use the Services in accordance with these Terms and the instructions and guidelines posted on the Platform. James Stanfield Company reserves the rights to terminate your license to use the Platform and Services at any time and for any reason or to change the features included in different tiers of paid or free subscription/purchase plans. You may not use the Services to substantially replicate products or services offered by James Stanfield Company including the republication of James Stanfield Company content or the creation of a competing platform. If James Stanfield Company believes, in its sole discretion, that you have violated or attempted to violate these Terms, your ability to use and access the Services may be temporarily or permanently revoked, with or without notice.
You agree that if James Stanfield Company determines or reasonably suspects that you are reselling or brokering the Services’ information, programs, computer applications, or data, or is otherwise violating any provision of these Terms, James Stanfield Company may take immediate action, including terminating the delivery of, and the license to use, the Services. James Stanfield Company reserves the right to use whatever means it deems appropriate to monitor your compliance with these Terms. James Stanfield Company reserves the right to exercise whatever lawful means it deems necessary to prevent unauthorized access to or use of the Services, including, but not limited to, technological barriers, IP mapping, and contacting your Internet Service Provider (ISP) regarding such unauthorized use.
You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
- Your Content
James Stanfield Company permits teachers to provide information identifying content made available to individual students, as a personal memory aid. You agree that you will not provide any information that would constitute an “education record” under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”) or 34 CFR §99.3, or otherwise provide personal information regarding any minors.
You, and not James Stanfield Company, are responsible for maintaining and protecting a separate permanent record of all of your content, if you wish to retain your content. James Stanfield Company will not be liable for any loss or corruption of your content, or for backing up or restoring any of your content.
Notwithstanding anything else in these Terms or otherwise, James Stanfield Company may monitor your use of the Services and Platform and use data and information related to your use of the Services in an aggregate or de-identified manner, including to compile statistical and performance information related to the provision and operation of the Platform and Services and the efficacy of the Platform, Services and particular Content. You agree that James Stanfield Company may make such data and information publicly available and use such information to the extent and in the manner required by applicable law or regulation and/or for purposes of data gathering, analysis, service enhancement and marketing, provided that such data and information does not identify you or any other individual or entity.
- User Conduct
You understand that the Services are available for your personal and business use only and for your use in connection with your Students. You shall not share your login credentials with any third party or otherwise enable a third party to use your account. Information and other text, images, data, links, software, or other material accessible through the Websites or Services, whether created by us or provided by another person for display on the Websites or through the Services (“Content”) in the Services may be protected by intellectual property rights of others. Please do not copy, upload, download, or share files unless you have the right to do so. You, not James Stanfield Company, will be fully responsible and liable for what you copy, share, post, upload, download or otherwise use while using the Services. You represent, warrant and agree that your content or information shared through your account or otherwise shared by you on or through the Services will not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights; be in violation of any law or used in furtherance of any such violation; or contain libelous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material.
In addition, you agree not to use the Services:
- in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Services;
- to share or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- to share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- to share or otherwise make publicly available on the Services any private information of any third party, including addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers;
- to share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to share or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- to use or attempt to use another’s account, service or system without authorization from us, or create a false identity on the Services;
- to manipulate the Services to obtain fee-bearing features for which you have not subscribed or to start more than one free trial for the Services within a one-month period without authorization from us;
- to forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted by you;
- to access, retrieve or index the Services for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of contact or business information;
- to record, process, or mine information about other users;
- to use any robot, spider, search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index the Services or any Content; or
- to reformat or frame any portion of the Services.
- Content Posted on Other Websites
We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and web pages to which James Stanfield Company.com links, or that link to our Website. James Stanfield Company does not have any control over those non-James Stanfield Company websites and web pages and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-James Stanfield Company website or webpage, James Stanfield Company does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. James Stanfield Company disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-James Stanfield Company websites and web pages.
- Intellectual Property
These Terms do not transfer from James Stanfield Company to you any James Stanfield Company or third-party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with James Stanfield Company. James Stanfield Company, the James Stanfield Company logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with James Stanfied & Co, Inc or the Platform, are trademarks or registered trademarks of James Stanfield Company or James Stanfield Company’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Platform may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Platform grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any James Stanfield Company or third-party trademarks.
- Unsolicited Ideas and Feedback
While we welcome your feedback, ideas, and suggestions, it is important to be aware of the following restrictions. If you send us feedback, ideas, or suggestions (collectively, “unsolicited ideas”), you agree that: (1) your unsolicited ideas become the property of James Stanfield Company and you are not owed any compensation in exchange; (2) none of the unsolicited ideas contain confidential or proprietary information of any third party; (3) James Stanfield Company may use or redistribute unsolicited ideas for any purpose and in any way; (4) there is no obligation for James Stanfield Company to review or use your unsolicited ideas; and (5) James Stanfield Company has no obligation to keep any unsolicited ideas confidential.
James Stanfield Company reserves the right to display advertisements on James Stanfield Company.com or within James Stanfield Company’s mobile applications.
If you purchase any Services that we offer for a fee, either on a one-time or subscription/purchase basis (“Premium Services”), you agree to James Stanfield Company or its third-party payment processing service provider storing your payment card information. You also agree to pay the applicable fees for the Premium Services (including, without limitation, periodic fees for premium accounts) as they become due plus all related taxes. You may cancel your Premium Services as provided on the Platform from time to time. If you register for our Services as a member of an organization, your subscription/purchase may be paid by such organization; provided that, if so, then your subscription/purchase shall be effective for only the period for which such subscription/purchase is paid by such third party.
James Stanfield Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of these Terms. It is your responsibility to check these Terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Platform following the posting of any changes to these Terms constitutes acceptance of those changes, except that, if such changes occur during the period of your paid subscription/purchase to our Services, then such changes shall take effect upon the sooner of (i) the renewal of your subscription/purchase and (ii) the date that you inform James Stanfield Company of your acceptance of such changes.
James Stanfield Company may terminate your access to all or any part of the Platform at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate your James Stanfield Co. account (if you have one), you may terminate your subscription/purchase via the Platform or provide notice of termination to us at firstname.lastname@example.org James Stanfield Company will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to James Stanfield Company. James Stanfield Company can terminate the Platform and/or any related Services immediately as part of a general shut down of our Services. If your subscription/purchase is paid by a third-party organization, your subscription/purchase may be terminated by such organizer. All provisions of these Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, rights in data you share with other users, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, limitations of liability and governing law and jurisdiction.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
- a) THE SERVICES, YOUR JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY ACCOUNT, AND ALL INFORMATION AND CONTENT ARE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY, ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND THIRD PARTY DATA PROVIDERS AND MOBILE APPLICATION DISTRIBUTORS (COLLECTIVELY THE “JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY PARTIES”) MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED AS TO (1) THE OPERATION AND FUNCTIONALITY OF THE JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY SERVICES, (2) THE ACCURACY, INTEGRITY, COMPLETENESS, QUALITY, LEGALITY, USEFULNESS, SAFETY, AND IP RIGHTS OF ANY OF THE INFORMATION AND CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE ACCURACY OF CONTACT AND BUSINESS INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SERVICES, (3) THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; (4) THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (5) THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SERVICES. THE JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY PARTIES FURTHER DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, STATUTORY, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, DURABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, THAT YOU OBTAIN FROM JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY OR THE JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR CONDITION NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN.
- b) THE JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY PARTIES FURTHER DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY SERVICES AND INFORMATION AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY SERVICES. YOUR USE OF THE JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING LOSS OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST REVENUE OR PROFITS, ANY LOSS OF DATA, OR DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER FROM VIRUSES THAT MAY BE DOWNLOADED TO YOUR COMPUTER IN THE COURSE OF USING THE JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY
- c) THE JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY PARTIES ALSO DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF YOUR COMMUNICATIONS OR DEALINGS WITH ANY OF THE BUSINESSES, ADVERTISERS, OR USERS LISTED ON THE JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY SERVICES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY HAS NO AFFILIATION WITH SUCH BUSINESSES, ADVERTISERS, AND USERS. YOUR COMMUNICATIONS OR DEALINGS WITH SUCH BUSINESSES, ADVERTISERS, AND USERS ARE SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND THEM, THOUGH JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MONITOR DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND THEM.
- d) SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY MAY LAST, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF YOU RESIDE IN SUCH A JURISDICTION, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- e) JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY DOES NOT HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO VERIFY THE IDENTITY OF THE PERSONS REGISTERING TO USE ITS SERVICES, NOR DO WE HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO MONITOR THE USE OF ITS SERVICES BY OTHER USERS; THEREFORE, JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR IDENTITY THEFT OR ANY OTHER MISUSE OF YOUR IDENTITY OR INFORMATION THAT YOU PERMIT ANY THIRD PARTY TO ACCESS.
- f) JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, FOR THE DELIVERY OF ANY MESSAGES (SUCH AS POSTING OR TRANSMISSION OF ANY OTHER USER GENERATED CONTENT) SENT THROUGH JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY TO ANYONE.
- g) THE JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY SERVICES MAY CONTAIN HYPERLINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES (THE “THIRD PARTY SITES”), AND JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY AND HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE INFORMATION AND OR CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN. THE JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY PARTIES ALSO DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR USE OF ANY THIRD PARTY
- Limitation of Liability
- a) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR (A) INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, RELIANCE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, (B) LOSS OF PROFITS, (C) BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, (D) LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO REPUTATION, OR (E) LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY HAS BEEN WARNED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- b) THE JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY PARTIES’ MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSES WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION (WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES DUE TO NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, MISREPRESENTATION OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON), WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (I) THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO JAMES STANFIELD COMPANY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY OR (II) US $10.00.
- General Representation and Warranty.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless James Stanfield Company, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Platform, including but not limited to your violation of these Terms.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between James Stanfield Company and you concerning the subject matter hereof. We may, at our sole discretion and without notice, revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. These Terms shall be governed and interpreted pursuant to the laws of the State of California, United States of America, without regard to the conflict of law provisions thereof. All claims, legal proceedings, or litigation arising in connection with the Services will be brought solely in federal or state courts located in the State of California, and you consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive any objection as to inconvenient forum. If any part of these Terms is held to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of these Terms or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. Neither these Terms nor the licenses granted herein are transferable by You without the prior written consent of James Stanfield Company, which may be granted or withheld in James Stanfield Company’s sole discretion. James Stanfield Company may assign or subcontract its rights and obligations under these Terms without condition. These Terms will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
- For Additional Information.
If You have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at: email@example.com
Copyright © 2023, James Stanfied & Co, Inc. All Rights Reserved.